Here are some simple ways you as parents can help us:
1. Set an example by eating healthy foods with your kids.
2. Make mealtime a fun regular family activity.
3. Encourage your children to be adventurous eaters.
4. Respect the rule that students are not allowed to eat outside food at HCZ. We celebrate all birthdays monthly with a special treat in the cafeteria!
5. Do not use food as a punishment or a reward; instead help children develop a healthy relationship to food as fuel for their growing bodies and minds.
Throughout the school year we are going to be providing you with more tips and resources—like recipes for simple healthy meals—to help make your job easier. Please let us know if you have specific questions or needs that you would like our Food Team to address. Our children are our future. Let’s help give them the healthy habits they need to live a long and active life.