Todays Lunch menu will feature: Primavera Marinara, Spinach Fettucini and Vegetable Medley.
Fun Facts about Spinach:
- Spinach belongs to the goosefoot family along with beets and Swiss chard.
- Fresh spinach is available year-round.
- Spinach grows quickly. It can be harvested and eaten after only 37 to 45 days!
- California and Texas produce the most spinach in the United Sates. Spinach likes to grow best during the cool winter months.
- The whole spinach plant is picked during harvesting.
- Spinach is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, especially folic acid.
Did you know…that leafy vegetables,such as spinach, contain more vitamins and minerals and less calories than other vegetables.
Also happens to be a favorite of a very iconic cartoon. Guess who.